Dr Sami Ahmad
Specialist Pain Medicine Physician
MBBS MSc FRACGP EDPM FFPMANZCA
Dr Sami is experienced in managing patients with acute, chronic and cancer pain.
Special interests include:
- Interventional Techniques for low back pain, chronic hip, knee, and shoulder pain.
- X-ray and ultrasound-guided injections for spinal pain, headaches, joint pain and for other neuropathic pain and MSK conditions.
- Chronic post-surgical pain.
- Pharmacological Management of Neuropathic Pain
- Multidisciplinary pain rehabilitation programme management
- Safe and effective analgesic prescribing, especially of opioids
- Regenerative medicine including PRP injections
Dr Sami completed his Pain Medicine training at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane QLD. He has a public appointment as SMO Pain medicine at PA Hospital and Visiting Medical officer at Brisbane Private Hospital and Sunnybank Private Hospital.
Dr Sami is a member of prestigious organisations including, Spine Intervention Society (SIS), International Neuromodulation Society (INS), IASP, ANZ Headache society (ANZHS) helping him to be adept in properly diagnosing and strategizing for the best evidence-based treatment plans for patients
Dr Sami is the winner of the 2019 Ulf Lindblom Prize for the highest mark in the European Diploma in Pain Medicine (EDPM) Examination held by the European Pain Federation EFIC.
Dr Sami is known for showing compassion and understanding. He is held in high regard for his attentiveness and concern for achieving the best outcome for his patients
He is fluent in English, Urdu and Hindi.