How prevalent are allergic conditions in Australia?
Allergies affect one in five people on average.
How can we help?
At Top Health Doctors Allergy Clinics, we acknowledge and appreciate the effects allergic conditions can have on your life.
That is why we have created Allergy clinics, run by a group of family physicians with special interest in allergy testing and treatment. It is both accessible and affordable.
At the allergy clinic we offer the following:
- Comprehensive allergy consultation and management for many allergic conditions (bulk billed*)
- Skin Prick Testing (small gap fee)
- Dietician session (for food allergies)
We do not perform skin prick testing on children less than 2 years old.
We work closely with immunologists for other further investigations e.g. food challenges.
Instructions to New Patients:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before allocated appointment time to complete New Patient Allergy Questionnaire.
- Alternatively, patient can download and fill in form at home, and bring it to our practice.
Top Health Doctors Home Page > Patient Info > Patient Forms > Allergy Service Form
- Allergy consult plus skin prick testing may take 45 minutes to 1 hr +
Consultation with our doctor is 20mins
Skin Prick Testing takes 15 – 20 minutes
Post-test observation period 20 minutes +
- Our Consultation is bulk billed
- There is a small gap fee for our Skin Prick Test
- Certain medications need to be stopped before skin prick testing:
Antihistamines / antihistamines nasal spray (7 days prior)
Certain reflux medications H2 blockers (e.g. Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Famotidine) (1 day before).
Older antidepressants / nerve pain killers (e.g. Amitriptyline [Endep], clomipramine, dothiepin, doxepin, imipramine, mianserin, mirtazapine and trimipramine) (7 days prior).
Please do not use any moisturiser / body lotion on forearms and back on day of testing.